Let’s Talk About…
Asbestos is a heat-resistant fiber silicate mineral that can be woven into fire-resistant materials for use in construction projects and industries related to fire proofing. For many years, building contractors have used asbestos fibers to insulate ceilings and walls. Inhaling these very small particles can damage and poison your lungs. These particles are so small they can remain in the air you are breathing for hours, or even days. Asbestos left alone is non-toxic however, it is very easy to disturb.
Asbestos poisoning may take several years to notice any signs or symptoms. Symptoms of asbestos poisoning include dry cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, tightness in chest and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD). Other health issues that could be attributed to asbestos poisoning include lung cancer, mesothelioma, asbestosis (hardening of the lungs), pulmonary hypertension and damage to immune and digestive systems.
Asbestos Abatement Services
Delta Disaster Services of Salt Lake South will inspect and detect the presence of asbestos in your home or office. If asbestos is determined to be present, we will properly and safely remove the infected materials and replace them with materials known to not contain asbestos. Delta Disaster Services of Salt Lake South is on top of all current Utah laws regulations related to safe handling and disposal of asbestos. We’re experts!